Why to invest in Albania?1. Strategic location in South eastern Europe
- Located at the heart of several major transport corridors.
- Entry gate to global markets through 4 ports.
2. Business friendly environment
- Tax benefits are granted to strategic sector investors.
- Attractive incentive schemes.
- Legal frame work compliant with EU legislation.
3. A globally recommended tourist destination
- 4th in The New York Times.
- Ranked in Lonely Planet’s annual top 10 places to visit. (2019)
4. One stop shop mode
- 24 hours to register a new business.
- Fast and transparent licensing system.
5. Economic dynamism with a growth rate of 3.7% in 2019
6. A currency (Lek) that is solid and stable against the Euro.
7. No limitation or restrictions for foreign companies 100% foreign ownership possible.
8. The foreign investments in the Republic of Albania are not subject to prior authorization.
They are allowed and treated based on terms not less favorable than those recognized to domestic investments in similar conditions, with the exception of land ownership, which is regulated by a special law.
I. The cost if someone buys an apartment in Albania.1. Fees for the real estate: 3 %
If you are interested and looking for a property in Saranda, Ksamil or the Albanian south coast, it is very important to see properties closer, so we can offer you a property tour.
2. Notary fees
The formula: 20% of the sum X 0,033 = notary fees
Example: The apartment costs 100,000 €
• 20% of € 100,000 = € 20,000
• 20,000 € X 0,033 = 660 €
Simultaneous translation: 3500 Lek / 25 € per hour or by agreement
Translation of an A4 sheet fron English to Albanian 1000 Lek / 8 €. From Albanian to English: 1300 Lek / 10 €
3. State tax
8000 Lek / 80€ per year
4. Ownership Certificate
3000 Lek/ 30 €
25-30 € / per month
• Internet at normal speed: 2000 Lek / 16 € per month
• High Speed Internet: 5000 Lek / 40 € per month
7. Water and Electricity
2000 Lek / 16 € per month
It depends on whether you live in the apartment all year or only occasionally. The sum of 16 € is for the people who live in the apartment all year round.
8. Telephone costs for the subscription
Telekom Albania: 1400-2990 Lek / 12-30 € per month
II. Cost of living in AlbaniaDaily food and drink for a couple: 300 € per month (excluding the cost of the car)
Barber: cut, dry: 500 lek / 4 €
Hair colouring: 1500 Lek / 11 €
Manicure, pedicure: 1000 Lek / 8 €
Ice cream: 35-50 Lek / 27-40 cents
Fruits and vegetables are cheap
Meat: 550-850 Lek / 4,5-6,5 € per kilo